Let us help with the planning so you can enjoy!
No matter the occasion, it’s always the perfect time to enjoy a romantic getaway near Philadelphia, even if it’s just for the weekend. Although short trips are always fun, we know sometimes planning a romantic occasion can be an event in itself, so we’ve created a romance itinerary for your stay at our quaint PA bed and breakfast. Perfect for rekindling your love over the weekend.
Lovers Weekend Itinerary
Friday – Garden Romance and Gorgeous Rooms
- Before checking into your cozy West Chester, PA lodging, swing by the Inn early and pick up tickets to Longwood Gardens, just a five-minute drive from the inn. The tickets we have on property are the same price as the gardens but untimed, allowing couples to enter the gardens at their leisure. This includes coming and going during the day and returning at night for the colorful fountain show.
- After a romantic stroll through the gardens, guests can come back to check into their desired room and relax there or head to the tennis court gazebo to enjoy a savory Whitewing Charcuterie.
- While you’re waiting to see the Longwood fountain show, we encourage guests to make reservations at the famous 1906 fine dining restaurant, located at Longwood Gardens, for dinner. We recommend trying their seasonal bouillabaisse and lavender honey cheesecake.
- After a romantic day bouncing between the gardens and our inn, you can come back to wind down for the night and enjoy our delicious cookies and milk enhancement. The perfect way to end your first day in Brandywine Valley.
Saturday – Exploring and Fine Dining
- Wake up to enjoy a delicious breakfast prepared by our in-house chef in our fully restored 1796 hay barn. You can sample a wide variety of goodies or start the day off with a 3-course meal to keep you fueled for your daily activities.
- After a savory breakfast, head south to explore the stunning Du Pont Estates! Known as Delaware’s most exclusive region and for generations the home of the DuPont family and its grand mansions.
- While you’re there we highly recommend stopping at Nemours Mansion and Gardens, as it sets the stage for rare 18th-century French history, architecture, and design.
- After a morning taking in the picturesque scenery, you and your loved one can enjoy an elegant and casual lunch at Pizza by Elizabeths. They offer a number of gourmet food options, including healthy pizzas and salads.
- Visit Winterthur and the anticipated “Costuming The Crown” event which features the glamorous costumes used in the popular television drama, The Crown. The show depicts and dramatizes the history of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
- After a day of exploring, come back to the inn and relax by our luxe pool.
- For the evening, book our private dinner for two! This incredible meal starts with delicious handmade hors d’oeuvres, followed by a crisp salad, inspiring entrée and of course, dessert! All aspects of this meal feature locally sourced produce and ingredients. Dinner can be served in some of our guest rooms or suites, outdoor spaces featuring the pond or pool patio, gazebo by the tennis court or in our very own wine cellar.
- After dinner, finish the night with champagne toasts and a celebration cake with your loved one. There’s no better way to spend your last night in romance paradise.
Sunday – Breakfast and Sightseeing
- After morning snuggles, head to the barn for a tasty breakfast. Our chef makes the best lemon blueberry ricotta pancakes and french toast soufflé.
- To work off breakfast you and your partner can squeeze in a quick game of tennis before you check out. Nothing wrong with some friendly competition!
- On your way out of town, make sure to stop and visit the Brandywine River Museum and tour N.C. Wyeth’s studio or add one of many Pennsylvania sightseeing spots to your list, like Hangley Museum. The best way to make the most of your last day!
All guests have the option to choose from 10 rooms, all including A/C, cable, televisions, and plush bedding, great for spending a night in or snuggling in the morning! If you are celebrating an anniversary or want to make your trip extra special, consider adding on some wonderful enhancements, like a gorgeous bouquet of red roses, or take advantage of one of our Pennsylvania getaway packages. Guaranteed to make your weekend getaways from Philadelphia everything you imagined and more!
When you stay at our Brandywine Valley Bed and Breakfast you and your loved one can experience luxury accommodations and amenities, along with taking advantage of everything Pennsylvania has to offer when you plan your romantic getaway with us. There is nothing better than a well-planned romantic getaway to reignite the love you and your partner have. We can’t wait to help you celebrate!Book Now